Curiosity House Pty Ltd (ABN 56 647 465 450) Trading as House Down Under Australia
We Respect Your Privacy
At House Down Under Australia the security of personal information that we collect is of highest importance to us.
What personal information does House Down Under Australia collect and hold?
- your name
- your phone number
- your email address
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made
How does House Down Under Australia collect personal information?
We collect this information when you:
- make a purchase through our website or at the ticket office
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from House Down Under Australia
- make an inquiry or a complaint
How does House Down Under Australia hold personal information?
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to Cookies, Tracking and Advertising)
We have taken several physical, electronic, and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
House Down Under Australia protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third-party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
House Down Under Australia employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by us as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing our systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which House Down Under Australia may collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information?
We only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for tickets (or other items) from us
- to contact you if there is an unforeseen closure
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services
- so that we can promote our products and services to you
- detecting and preventing fraud
- for business research and development of new products and services
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions
- verifying your identity
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaints handling
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights
Who might House Down Under Australia disclose my personal information to?
House Down Under Australia may share your personal information with The Entertainment Quarter for marketing, research and to enhance your experience
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that House Down Under Australia holds about you and seek its correction. This can be done by contacting our team via email. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.